Heat Pump Repair Orlando
When a heat pump is not functioning properly, it can be frustrating and uncomfortable for your family. If you are in need of heat pump repair, call Mechanical One for same-day services. We service the cities of Orlando, Altamonte Springs, Sanford, and all sourrounding cities.
When choosing a technician there are a few key things to consider:
- Experience: It is important to choose a technician who has experience working on heat pumps. This will ensure that they are familiar with the various components of the system and how they work together.
- Licensed: Look for technicians who are licensed in heating and cooling and can perform heat pump repair. This usually indicates that they have received specialized training and are knowledgeable about the latest techniques and technologies in the field.
- Reputation: Look for technicians like those in Mechanical One who have a good reputation in the community. This can often be determined by reading reviews or asking for recommendations from friends or family.
- Price: When thinking about price, Consider the company and technician’s experience and reputation. At Mechanical One we offer affordable prices that get your heat pump repaired without the financial stress.
It is also a good idea to regularly maintain your heat pump to prevent issues from occurring in the first place. Talk to our Mechanical One support team about our maintenance program to avoid future problems with your heat pump.
AC Heat Pump Not Turning on
If your AC heat pump is not turning on, there could be a number of possible causes. Here are a few things Mechanical One Technicians do to troubleshoot Heat Pumps:
- Check the thermostat: Make sure that the thermostat is set to “heat” and that the temperature is set to a level higher than the current room temperature. Also, check that the thermostat is set to “auto” rather than “off” or “on.”
- Check the power supply: Make sure that the heat pump is receiving power. Check that the circuit breaker or fuse has not tripped, and that the power cord is securely plugged in.
- Check the air filter: A dirty air filter can restrict airflow and prevent the heat pump from turning on. Clean or replace the air filter if necessary.
- Check for debris: Make sure that there is nothing blocking the heat pump’s intake or exhaust vents, such as leaves, debris, or snow.
- Check for frozen coils: If the heat pump’s coils are frozen, it may not be able to turn on. If you suspect this is the case, turn off the heat pump and let it thaw out.
If these steps do not resolve the issue, it may be necessary to call our heat pump technician to diagnose and repair the problem.
Heat Pump Replacement
There are a few signs that may indicate that it is time to replace your heat pump:
- Age: Heat pumps typically have a lifespan of 15-20 years. If your heat pump is approaching or has exceeded this age, it may be time to consider replacing it.
- Frequent breakdowns: If you find yourself needing to repair your heat pump frequently, it may be more cost-effective to replace it rather than continually paying for repairs.
- Inefficient performance: If your heat pump is not heating or cooling your home effectively, it may be time to replace it. This can be determined by comparing your energy bills to those of similar homes in your area.
- Loud or unusual noises: If you notice loud or unusual noises coming from your heat pump, it may be a sign of a problem that cannot be easily repaired.
- Increased energy bills: If your energy bills have significantly increased and you cannot identify any other reason for the increase, it may be due to an inefficient heat pump.
If you are unsure whether it is time to replace your heat pump, our certified air conditioner technicians can assess the condition of your system and provide you with recommendations.
If you are in need of a heat pump repair or replacement, Mechanical One is uniquely qualified to take care of your system fast and efficiently. Call us and book your heat pump repair today at 407-404-4000