There are several possible reasons why your AC unit may be tripping the breaker. Here are a few things you can check:
- Overloaded circuit: If you have multiple appliances or electronics running on the same circuit as your AC unit, it could be causing the circuit to become overloaded. This could trip the breaker and cause your AC unit to shut off.
- Short circuit: A short circuit could be causing the breaker to trip and shut off your AC unit. This could be due to damaged wiring or a malfunctioning component in your AC unit. Book electrical repair service
- Failed compressor: The compressor is a crucial component of your AC unit that helps to circulate the refrigerant. If the compressor fails, it could cause the breaker to trip.
- Failed capacitor: The capacitor helps to start and run the compressor and the fan. If the capacitor fails, it could cause the breaker to trip.
- Clogged air filter: If your air filter is clogged, it can restrict the airflow to your AC unit. This can cause the unit to work harder and potentially trip the breaker.
If you have tried checking these things and are still experiencing issues with your AC unit tripping the breaker, it is recommended to call a professional for further diagnosis and repair. An HVAC technician will be able to identify the cause of the issue and make any necessary repairs to get your AC unit running smoothly again.
If you are experiencing issues with your AC unit tripping the breaker, it is important to address the problem as soon as possible. A tripping breaker can indicate a serious issue with your AC unit that could lead to further damage if left unchecked.
Let Mechanical One Diagnose and Repair the Issue
At Mechanical One, our team of experienced technicians can diagnose and repair the issue causing your AC unit to trip the breaker. We have the knowledge and expertise to identify the root cause of the problem and make any necessary repairs to get your AC unit running smoothly again.
Don’t let a tripping breaker disrupt your comfort – book Mechanical One today to fix the issue and stop your AC from tripping the breaker. Our team is dedicated to providing high-quality service and ensuring that your AC unit is functioning properly. Contact us to schedule an appointment and put your mind at ease.